Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400TV dos tv out bios patch

Hi!

I need help with my Marvel G400TV and TV output for DOS using it as a HTPC.

I'm using the card with GeexBox @ 640x480 (Linux / VESA) and it
    works beautifully except for the default TV OUT brightness/contrast/saturation
    settings - could someone help patching the bios using "progbios -b"
    to change (i believe) the 0x1e, 0x20, 0x22 and 0x0e registers to
    the same settings found under windows DVDMaX ?

Thanks in advance,
    Per
    Last edited by pernas; 12 August 2004, 12:47.

do you use the card long enough in the BIOS/text mode to care about this stuff?
    I mean, personally I couldn't care less. But that's mostly because it uses composite output in text mode rather than scart-RGB in windows.

Comment

Yes i use the card for hours viewing movies with GeexBox (VESA/VIDIX) (S-VHS).

The reason for DOS-mode was that i couldn't make the TV OUT work in any other way with GeexBox.

Next step (if the bios patching fails) would be to re-compile GeexBox but i hope someone could give me an advice how to patch the courrent bios to brighter default values

Comment

appearantly Geexbox uses mplayer as video playback engine.

You can output mplayer to tv-out through both fbmode as well as directfb (I've used both). Afaik, there are ways to change brightness/contrast/saturation settings for both methods. I'd advice you to use directfb output as it's far superior to framebuffer output + matroxset.

Comment

Ok, i will look into directfb, but i don't think GeexBox supports it from start. It would have been easier (as a hardware guy i am ) to just patch the bios to "better" values. Everything else worked so perfect with GeexBox (MPlayer 1.0pre5) - it's just this brightness/contrast issue left....

Comment

Working...
          X