X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go!

and smack dab on it's direct path
    Attached Files
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Where I be...
    Attached Files
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

And it continues into Quebec and ultimately where I live too, except with less force. I forsee lots and lots of rain.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Wanna buy some 19 mm marine plywood? Good luck. Keep us informed after power is restored
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Two years ago we had a tropical storm of 74mph (1 more and it would have been a hurricane) and we lost power for 3 days

Comment

In my best Monty Python voice "RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY"
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

This is only the projected path, but they are getting pretty good at that now. If you are in as low-lying an area as I perceive from some of your descriptions of where you live, I would start packing NOW. If this thing is a 3 or greater you will probably be under water.

Comment

Then I remember our infamous "Green Storm" of 1980;

145 mph winds at the Metro Airport tower (blew out its windows & had to be evacuated), no electricity for >2 weeks & a major damage area 30 miles wide....not to mention that creepy green sky and a few scattered twisters.

Pretty wild even for the fringes of tornado alley

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

We're starting to get some intermittent strong rains here. I almost was in two accidents on the way home from work. I avoided the second one by turning up on a curb to cut my momentum.

Comment

Hope you are outta there, Mike.

Comment

Looks to me like the track is trending southward. Maybe Naples or Ft Myers.

Comment

11pm this evening (almost two hours ago) the latest predictions weren't changed. At this time we expect the storm to peak around 6-7pm EDT Friday with Charlie traveling right at us. Sustained winds of 120mph and ~8-12" inches of rain. In the area 900,000 are under manditory evacuation. We're ~1 mile inland of this region. Since midnight the islands (Keys) have been closed, you can leave but not return.

It's a warm humid night, <5mph winds with few clouds, just like the calm before the storm. Erie quiet.

Comment

Oh dear a work collegue is flying out tomorrow for a holiday on the west coast as well.

Oops
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Last flight out of Tampa/St. Petersburg International is ~12:30pm bout 6 hours from now. All other commercial aircraft have been flown out of the area

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                              Where I be...
                              You gonna be in Kansas.....
                              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                              X