Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My monitor...

Hi!

My fine old 17" Viewsonic GT775 monitor from the middle of the 90s seem to give up on me. Colors getting strange sometimes and sometimes it goes black for a fraction of a second. Do you think it's over?

I should have bought a new one a long time ago. I always thought that, what good is a good monitor if the other hardware sucks so I bought cpu and gpu instead. But what good does that do if you don't have a monitor? Buhu!
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
    Asus A8N-E
    Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2
    Asus Extreme GeForce N7800GT
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB
    Lian-Li PC60
    Windows XP Pro 64bit

You can pick up a nice Viewsonic P95F+ dirt cheap these days. $355 canadian, which is about $270 US, or... um... 2,018.35 Krona (is that good?).
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I was the same.

I eventually bought a new monitor and I couldn't believe the difference it made!

I love my Sony G400
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I think it could very well be dieing. Sounds about the same as what happened to my old 15 inch. Think it was about 8 years old. Eventually it just died on me.
        If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

I was hoping that the monitor would last so long so I could save some cash and that tft monitor technology were no compromise between color and speed.
          2000 krona is cheap for a monitor I think.
          AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
          Asus A8N-E
          Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2
          Asus Extreme GeForce N7800GT
          Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB
          Lian-Li PC60
          Windows XP Pro 64bit

Comment

my NEC was going intermittantly crazy (picture collapsing).
            I got really frustrated one day and jus took it apart and resoldered any questionable connection (there were plenty - they really don't make electronics like they used too - they are all made in China now)
            put it all together - works like brand new
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
            X