Good white box PC vendor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good white box PC vendor?

Hey guys, we're getting another computer here at work. Looking for someplace to sell us a pre-assembled server. Dual Xeon, lots of PCI-X, stable. Any vendor suggestions?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

If you're looking for stability over price, then it's HP Proliant all the way. They cost a fair bit, but once they're set up, you never have to touch them again. IBM xSeries is a close second. After that, there's smaller integrators, then self built, then mom&pop builders, then Dell. In that order.

Don't get swayed by Dell's prices. Their servers are trash. Trust me.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Not looking for anything so strong as a Proliant. Just looking for a very beefy workstation.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

To be more specific, we're probably looking to add to our herd of Tyans. Something in the Thunder or Tiger variety. I'm just reading up on the new intel chipsets.

Comment

Try gamepc.com.

Some Arsians who ordered Thunders K8W from them had very good experience with their RMA and support.

Comment

I have had good luck with pcsforeveryone.

Haven't ordered a server from them though.

dshumake

Comment

Working...
            X