Please suggest motherboard for G200 marvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please suggest motherboard for G200 marvel

I need to replace the motherboard in the machine which has my G200 Marvel. The current board has often given problems. Can anyone suggest older AMD Athlon motherboards which will support the 3.3.v AGP G200 marvel well.

I have good experiences with Asus boards but am open to suggestions. I hope to find the replacement on Ebay.

I have had real problems in finding out which old motherboards are 3.3v which 1.5v and which are both (aka. universal).

I am especially interested in combinations which have worked well for people in the past.
    G200 Marvel, G400

MSI 745 Ultra
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.
      However according to the MSI website the 745 Ultra (aka 6561) is AGP 4x 1.5v ONLY so it would not work with the 3.3v G200 card.

Has anyone any other suggestions ?

Thanks
      G200 Marvel, G400

Comment

Something didn't sound right about your above post so I just installed my Mil G200 into this (745) system and as you can see it works just fine
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think there are a both versions of G200 Marvel, 1.5V and 3.3V.

Ask on Matrox Forums which one is yours, you need to post serial number.

Comment

Well I got my Mil G200 long before there was a thing called a Marvel G200.

Meaning that regardless it should work.

I don't believe the 745 Ultra is 1.5v only and do believe one of MSI's nit peons goofed on that statement

Comment

I abandoned my G-200 Marvel because of the lack of modern motherboards able to support it correctly, plus the lack of support from Matrox with updated OSs. The combination was FATAL. I kept it for several years, initially as a simple graphics card in an old 'puter, and after that in a junk box. Strangely, I transposed its resting place, along with the BOB, to a skip just two days ago RIP.

It is now over 2 years since I used the Marvel for video work. I don't regret it a bit. It was great in its day, but a pig by modern standards. My BOB for years has been an ADVC-100 and that is the greatest thing since before sliced bread for 2-way video.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hi Greebe

I looked at http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p...odel=745_Ultra

and it says

One AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port) 4x slot (1.5V only)

And I'd hoped the MSI info might prove more reliable than the Asus info!

PS: I have now downloaded the PDF manual and that says 3.3v & 1.5v are OK. But oddly the diagrams of the motherboard show the AGP slot keyed in the 1.5v position. Weird.

Others:
                As far as I know the G200's are too old to have 1.5v versions. That came during the G400's lifetime.

I hoped to give my marvel a bit longer as its never had the use it ought to have got mainly due to repeated stability issues with my current motherboard... Sigh.
                Last edited by KevinR; 12 August 2004, 04:53.
                G200 Marvel, G400

Comment

Working...
                X