Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PIT's bad luck must be rubbing off on me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PIT's bad luck must be rubbing off on me...

At work back 2 years ago I get in a P4 based system that my company got from some mom and pop operation in FL. The guy who was running it got pissed that he didn't get paid right away and some how got the companies CEO's number in VA and bitched at him. Well needless to say this company isn't getting any more business from us

Anyway one of the network guys brings in one of these systems to me. Doesn't want to even post or anything. I do some troubleshooting and figure out that the board is toast. I get in cotact with my company down in Orlando to get a replacement. I talk to the girl who takes care of purchasing and she informs me that shes going to get it though Newegg.com, so I think great they are a good company to work with.

A couple days later I get the motherboard from newegg. I install the Mobo and start her up....nothing happens. I can't even get a POST out of it. So i email Orlando to tell them to get me a RMA for the board and I send it back to Newegg.

I get the replacement board in late last week. I install it...boots up ok, install Windows 2000 on it and everything seems fine but the Mouse and keyboard are acting flaky. I thought it might have been from me using my 1992 vintage keyboard and mouse from a DEC Celerbrus PC. I give it to the guy who orginally gave it to me and 24 hours later they tell me they are running into the same issues. So I'm on my second RMA with newegg.com right now....hmmmmm

I have to get the second board out to Newegg.com today and lets see if number 3 is going to be a charm or not. BTW is a ECS P4VMM2 board....ick VIA.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

You should have just replaced the board with a known good one, like intel, asus or gigabyte. No point wasting so much time/money on a single machine you don't even own.
    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Originally posted by rugger
      You should have just replaced the board with a known good one, like intel, asus or gigabyte. No point wasting so much time/money on a single machine you don't even own.
      Hehehee I'm not paying for it and I rather keep the boards about the same since there's another 9 PC's that are the same model. Plus I have alot of time to kill here My other 120+ systems I have to take care of are Dell's with 3 warrenties on them. Not much for me to do

Comment

What do you mean my bad luck

When you keep ordering new parts and get the same problem you start think you're cracking up.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
          What do you mean my bad luck

When you keep ordering new parts and get the same problem you start think you're cracking up.
          hehe

Hey Scott, been gettin any lately? Might need a super duty degaussing
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            Hey Scott, been gettin any lately? Might need a super duty degaussing
            been getting degaussed pretty regularly, thank you

Anyway have you heard of a place called Palm Tree Computer Systems? Thats the Place that my company got these POS PC from. Only thing nice about them is that they weigh next to nothing due to the cheap cases they put the parts into

Comment

Nope never heard of them... about a two hour drive from here on the other side of Orlando (suburb)

Good thing they are light... fly farther when you boot'm
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X