Nasa will fix hubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasa will fix hubble

he US space agency has given the go-ahead for a robotic mission to repair the Hubble Space Telescope, Nasa officials have announced.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Interesting, I never thought NASA would come back on their decision...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Your title is a bit misleading...

The second paragraph in the article flatly states:

Nasa chief Sean O'Keefe has asked for a firm mission proposal to be worked up in a year, after which a decision whether to proceed will be made.
    This is what the word going around Goddard is as well. I've heard that O'Keefe has given the go ahead and that he will ask congress for the ~ 1 billion USD needed to see the project through to completion. IF congress okays the $ (which I hope they don't) then it will be definate.

Until they got the $, nothing is definate.
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

...another good reason to shit can the shuttle come out with a new improved smaller version and bring back the Saturn V

btw that $1B price tag is probably from some nit who doesn't want to see the Hubble fixed... talk about BS runaway costs
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, I noticed that title bit... I just took the same title as the BBC...

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X