Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mousedriver in XP hardware profile...

Hello,

I have a weird issue with my trackball driver (Kensington Expert Mouse 5, problem is said to be researched by Kensington) and Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Having to remove the driver everytime to play is too much of a hassle, so I thought about defining a second hardware profile with a regular mousedriver (trackball supports this).
    However, when I create a second profile, it doesn't seem to be possible to adjust in which profiles the trackball drivers should load (the option is greyed out).

Any thoughts?

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

can you just disable it instead of removing the driver?

Comment

No, the box that says 'device usage' is greyed out... I had hoped to enable it in one hardware profile (regular use), and to disable it in a second profile (flight simulator).

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Uninstall drivers for second profile.

Comment

Hmm, hadn't thought of that..
          Will try it!

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
            Uninstall drivers for second profile.

Doesn't work: if I uninstall the driver in the second profile, it also is uninstalled in the first... When adding it back to the first, it is also added in the second profile...

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

How about dual boot?

I do this, I have one boot of XP for work with slightly different display config and another boot for games.

I also use the other boot to test new stuff, while I don't mess with installations in the primary boot.

Another benefit is, if something ceases to work, you can try the other boot and see if it's a software or a hardware issue.

Comment

Yes, that would be the only alternative. However, it takes up quite a lot of diskspace. It would allow some other settings I currently cannot choose at boot (streched or independant display)...

I have had dualboots before, but I think I install too much software on the alternate boot... (I always think: you never know... )

Perhaps when I will reconfigure my system I might take it into account...

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

Working...
                X