How To Choose a DVD Burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Choose a DVD Burner

I am planning on getting a dvd burner to burn my edited movies.
    What I need is a burner that burns a DVD that is playable by MOST dvd players out there.
    I don't care much about the speed the dvdrw burns.

I am looking at one of the Lite-On dvdrw at http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProd...InnerManu=1336 but I have no idea which to choose. I can't distinguish one from another.

Help? Suggestions?
    What I Did For Love
    Cerritos College Cal Poly Pomona San Luis Obispo Kwak KCCC

I know this will cause a fight, but try sticking with burners that can do DVD-R. Dispite the publicity DVD+R is less compatable across the range of existing DVD players than DVD-R is. Fortunately most new burners are capable of both, so that makes things a bit easier.

Personally I like the Panasonic and other drives that can also do DVD-RAM. DVD-RAM is an excellent media for system backups because of its random access, improved error correction (rewriteable 10x as many times as DVD-RW/DVD+RW) etc. It's also used in many DVD Recorders (mainly Panasonic, Toshiba & JVC).

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 August 2004, 19:30.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

LG DVD+-RW DUAL LAYER WRITER 12X (GSA-4120B)
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Dual layer only in +R mode....wish it were -R but otherwise it's a real triple-threat.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

-R doesn't have dual layer working properly yet. This is hurting them.

OTOH this means no one has done any compatibility testing of + versus - dual layer. I would expect the results of such a comparison to be interesting; to say the least.
          MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Working...
          X