Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get on screen display working

I recently pickup this system for a whopping $250:

P3 1000, intel Mobo,integrated audio and LAN,G450 16mb dual head, DVD/cd-rw, 40G HD.

I removed the G450 and installed my trusty old 32mb g400 , a twinhan 1020a DVB card and Windows 2000 pro.

Everything works flawlessly using MyTheatre for satellite reception, DVD and file playback - everything except the on screen display (I'm assuming it uses video overlay to achieve this).

Does anyone have this s/w combo and have got the OSD to work?

I'd really like to get rid of the computer monitor completely, but I need it right now to be able to see whats on and what channel I'm viewing.

BTW, if anyone wants the G450, it's yours for the cost of shipping.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

I'll take the G450

you got a PM.

BTW, can you give me a brief life history of your G450 ? OC attempts, mods etc.

As for your problems, I am assuming your trying to use the 2nd head of the G400 as your TV out? I think that would be the best way to do it. What you should do first is set up your 2nd head to be a clone of your primary (CRT display). And then enable DVDMAX on the primary head. Then all you do is disconnect the primary (CRT) and hook up your TV to the secondary head and you *SHOULD* be okay.

If your having seeing channels on what the DVDMAX (overlay) is putting out, then I don not know what else to do to help. I have read/heard that you can use FFDSHOW or something but I have no experience with it, so I can't say anything more on the subject. Good luck!
    Last edited by mmp121; 10 August 2004, 13:39.
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Yep tried that, I'm thinking it may be a win 2k thing, as apparently it works fine in XP.
      Someone apparently has had luck using the quartz.dll from XP and registering it on their 2K system.
      I've had to set up all the graphs for the directshow filters myself, so that may be a problem as well.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
      X