Glug Glug 3 inches of rain in 24hrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glug Glug 3 inches of rain in 24hrs

Now for England thats pretty wet. From 10 O'clock yesterday too 10 O'clock today 78mm of rain fell.

Most of between midnight and nine O'clock today.

Floods everywhere made a very interesting drive in too work which twenty five minutes instead of ten and there wasn't much traffic.

For once the council doesn't have to make lies up about the amount of rain that fell.

Even though theres a large amount of blocked drains around they wouldn't have coped anyway.

My friend took some interesting pictures of some dumb drivers who decided to try and drive under a flooded bridge. Needless to say they found that cars float rather badly.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Well, my wife was supposed to be there this week, so atleast she didn't get caught in some crappy weather.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
      Well, my wife was supposed to be there this week, so atleast she didn't get caught in some crappy weather.
      At least not yet

- Steve

Comment

Actually, the whole trip was cancelled due to her father falling ill. A real bummer really, she was looking forward to seeing England and some of her relatives, but considering her father's illness, she had no choice but to cancel.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Want some of the rain we've had in the last couple of weeks Jon? Lake out back peaked 2/3m above normal and we not be but a tad over a meter above that... no rain in the last two days,... but wait! we have another tropical storm headed this way... maybe two, which reminds me, Yo Denty you gettin wet down that way?
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Seems i was lucky being in London already last week.

Was "extremely hot" (28 degree celsius ? This is extremely hot?) to quote the weather reports

R.
            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
              Seems i was lucky being in London already last week.

Was "extremely hot" (28 degree celsius ? This is extremely hot?) to quote the weather reports

R.
              Extremely hot is not untill mid 30C, if not higher.

Right now people are complaining it is cool here and that we hardy had a summer.. yet it has been mid 20's for a quite a while with peaks in the 30's
              and in 5 months time we will have -30C :S
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Extremely hot in London is anything over 15 C for me. Really don't like the heat and the last month or so have been hell for me. Luckily my office is air conditioned so it's almost worth hanging around unnecessarily long in work...

Sanding the new flat at the weekend was NOT nice... sweat and paint dust do not mix well.
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                  Sanding the new flat at the weekend was NOT nice... sweat and paint dust do not mix well.
                  Actually it's not so bad if you mix with beer

Comment

Well that's true but we kept having to go out and get fresh tins as there is no fridge yet...
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido
                      If you have air conditioning, no, not too hot. If you don't, it's intolerable. In Texas, AC is life support.

Comment

Total rain for 28hrs 86mm. More forecast tonight. The local paper has two pages donated to people moaning about the flooding.

Perhaps my local football team should show the council how to do the drainage. The pitch didn't cut up at all infact it was perfect.

Anyone notice that the met office no longer refers to anything between 25 - 30C as hot anymore. Just warm.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Not ot be outdone Leeds have had 60mm in two hours and it still raining. Glug Glug.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

August 12th and our HIGH was 68 F, and this is typical for this (and last) summer. We've had exactly ONE day over 90 F.

So much for "global warming"....

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                            X