Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So my 3 phone died...what to replace it with? (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my 3 phone died...what to replace it with? (UK)

I'm on 3 in the UK. I got the phone (an NEC E808) for £35 (Actually a pair for £70) and the Tarriff is 3ToGo i.e. I pay for what I use by monthly Direct Debit. Wifey and I are very low users - usually a couple of quid a month!

My E808 has just completely died for the 2nd time (why do they always do that just after you add a batch of new contacts?) and it is ~12 months old, so its time for a change.

I don't care about the vdeo calling - never found a compelling reason to use it, but I would like to be able to access my email reliably when on the move (d/l by IMAP & u/l by POP3 or use OWA but I expect that's impossible).

So, what phone, network and tarriff should I get, bearing in mind I don't want huge upfront costs or monthly line rental?

(And yes, I would like cream with that )

TIA
    FT.

cheapo one??? Does all you need without the fancy grubbins.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Don't tell a murcer he don't need his gadgets, ok?
      FT.

Comment

I'm looking at the Sendo X (but it is hardly available) and the upcoming Nokia 6260. Both are Symbian phones, but I'm not sure about compatibility with 3.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I have no loyalty to 3, except that wifey's phone is still going. We could always swap both if the deal were good enough.

Problems with 3: Coverage usually defaults to 2G when at home, customer support is in India and my experiences so far have been very poor. Also, problems texting to Spain (a big annoyance for me) despite consulting Customer Support.
          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone

customer support is in India and my experiences so far have been very poor. Also, problems texting to Spain (a big annoyance for me) despite consulting Customer Support.
            LOL, that almost sounds like a Dilbert bit
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I take it all back!

I just spoke to 3 Customer Service...they are sending me 2off LG 8110 phones COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE, to arrive in less than 24 hours. As I'm stuck at home for the moment this is all way too good to be true!

Reviews of the phone are good - finally I can shed the brick I've been carrying and go back to a normal sized phone
              FT.

Comment

Working...
              X