Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overclocking Parhelia with Peltier Cooling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking Parhelia with Peltier Cooling!

I've been able to run through Aquamark at 300Mhz core 345 Memory using Powerstrip to change timings...

Sometimes when I change speed I get screen corruption. Is there a better way to change speed?
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Yes.Change Your graphic card...
    A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

What card from ATI/ NVidia supports 3 screens like my Parhelia?
      Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

screen corruption for me has always been due to memory overclocks, get some ramsinks on the memory chips, my p8x is perfectly stable at 300 core 390 memory with ramsinks and a great big copper cooler on the core, i know that everyone bashes the parhelia, but when you can overclock it to this level theres not much pre doom 3 that wont play smoothly in surround with faa, thats all i ask of a card right now.
        is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
        Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I do have ramsinks, and the screen corruption only happens when I bump up the speed suddenly with powerstrip. If I go up in steps it works fine.

I was wondering how fast I can make it go...

What are you using to overclock your card? What drivers are you running? I am on the dx9 beta's

Comment

Coruption from a large clock change is actually a normal artifact and can happen with other graphics cards or other devices when you suddenly change the clock speed. What happens is the DLLs in the core and memory don't get a chance to reset before they relock to the new clock speed so you might put the DLLs in a bad state where they aren't fully locked or the memory isn't really 'resynched' to the new clock speed.

Comment

Arrrrrrr, you mean PLL's there matey
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well it depends, most fully digital circuits like DDR uses a DLL for clock management, same with FPGAs and some asics, althought asics usually have both or a pll designed in. Personally I'd much rather use a PLL as they're more adaptable to on-the-fly frequency changes and less prone to jitter effects. Good thing about DLLs though is they're don't get effected much by digital noise.

Comment

it uses PLL's not DLL's

You've been in school to long
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Whose DDR are they using that has a PLL in it? Yeah the main clock synthizer is PLL based, but all the ddr I've worked with has an internal DLL.

Comment

ahh now there you see you've worked on somebody else's whatever, not Matrox's in particular.

Once you've about a decade of real world experience under your belt you'll come to appreciate the difference in what you've done and how it was done, especially when we are talking technology that's >3 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Enak
                        I do have ramsinks, and the screen corruption only happens when I bump up the speed suddenly with powerstrip. If I go up in steps it works fine.

I was wondering how fast I can make it go...

What are you using to overclock your card? What drivers are you running? I am on the dx9 beta's
                        excellent OC there, Enak ...

now dump your BIOS pins and make some stable setting permanent.

In my books, Powerstrip has a tendency to mess things up, when you're trying to push it too much at once, dunno why, but as you noticed, it seems to work fine when upping speeds notch by notch.
                        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                        LG BH10LS38
                        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

That's kinda what I was asking before the thread got hijacked!!!

How do I dump the pins and what do I do to change the clock speed?

Comment

btw, once you upped your clocks to eg. 300/300, you could use Matrox' own OCing util and increase the clocks percentwise, until you hit the roof.

That way, you could easily find your highest stable settings and make those permanent through the P's BIOS.
                            Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                            Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                            be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                            4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                            2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                            OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                            4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                            Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                            Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                            LG BH10LS38
                            LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                            X