How do I see my PCI/AGP bus speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I see my PCI/AGP bus speed?

I have Sandra but I can't seem to find it there. Am I blind or do I need another program?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

you could try Aida32
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Thanks Unfortunately, it's not in there either.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

OK, I think I figured it out, can someone confirm.

You take your FSB * AGP/CPU Ratio?

I have a bus speed of 200MHz so it is 200*1/2=100MHz ? That doesn't seem right. I would think my system would lock at that?

Comment

maybe it is 100 * 1/2? so it is running at 50MHz? hmmm....

Comment

Since you have an A64, you don't really have a FSB, technically speaking.
            Anyway, with the Asus A8V the AGP-speed is set to one third of the "FSB".
            So if you did not oc anything you have the bus set at 200 MHz and the AGP at 200/3 = 66.67 MHz. So the AGP is running in its standard speed.
            If you oc the bus to e.g. 225 MHz (as I do), you're running the AGP at 75 MHz.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Thanks for the good information Indiana. I have this feature in my BIOS called the AGP/PCI Frequency lock. I am tryign to test it out to see if it works. This is why I am trying to find a program that shows me the speeds. I am actually running at 215FSB currently. I have the AGP/PCI lock enabled but it doesn't work for some, so I am just trying to clarify. I think at 215, my AGP ratio is 2/1? What does that mean?

Thanks,
              Dave

Comment

Well, the K8V (which I have) does not have a AGP/PCI lock, but it's based on the same K8T800 chipset.
                With a bus speed of 215, your AGP should run at 71.67MHz, if the AGP-lock is turned off. If it's turned on (and correctly working), the AGP should stay at its default 66.67 MHz, regardless of the bus speed.
                My System
                German ATI-forum

Comment

WCPUID is good for all that kind of stuff.

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Damn Jammy ya beat me to it
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I just checked, but WCPUID does not show the AGP clock, just bus-speed (or I'm simply too blind to see it).
                      Neither does Sandra, nor AIDA32, nor Everest....
                      My System
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Yes, what Indiana said...nothing I've seen shows me the bus speeds

Comment

afaik you require some expensive equipment to read the PCI bus speed.

Comment

PC Geiger is a tool sometimes used by overclockers that can display this information:
                            This website is for sale! vicstech.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, vicstech.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

More professional equipment is of course more expensive...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

What about MBM? Does it show that?
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X