Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinXP SP2 available Aug. 10th

A 226MB download.

From what I have read, Windows is pretty stable with this SP. I'm sure 2180 build will surface any hour now for download.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Well the last thing I heard the latest release had been withdrawn.

Anyway it's full ghost backup before I let this lose on any of my machines.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I will definitely ghost my system before installing.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

At the moment led zep causing grief with my mouse so some good things aren't that bad.
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Slipstreaming SP2 ??

...does anyone know if the procedure for slipstreaming sp1 will work for sp2??

cc

Comment

Should do but again let the bugs get worked out first. Don't rush it.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Slipstraming works for all Win2k and WinXP service packs, don't know why it shouldn't work now.

Comment

Basically all this update is going to do is switch inbulit firewall on by default and check whether you got approved antivirus installed and installed bug fixes plus dx9c.

It may stop one or two programmes talking to the internet but I think it'll will go the same way as year 2k.

Most calls will be about not having the worthless fiirewall enabled.

Correction dimbats should have MS firewall enabled but should get something better in the future.

If Gurm was around he'd have a right dig about software firewalls and rightly.
                Last edited by The PIT; 6 August 2004, 17:11.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have successfully slipstreamed SP2 RC-1, RC-2 and the MSDN-only RC-3 versions... All slipstreaming procedures are identical to WinXP and SP1.
                  Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

What is "slipstream"?

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                      What is "slipstream"?
                      That is applying the servicepack to the install files on a CD, so when you install windows from such a CD,the servicepack is installed already

Check this:

REPLACED: Creating a bootable Windows XP SP1 CD (Nero 5) (REPLACED) tutorial,tutorials,walk through, help, fixing, fix, fixes, support, repair, advice, patch, bug, patches
                      We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                        What is "slipstream"?
                        Pretty slick, aye Dave
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

For MSDN Subscribers, there's a Service Pack 2 posted August 6th. It's possible that's the final version.
                          nospam

Comment

It is indeed the final version...since I don't have a MSDN subscription I'm waiting for the official web release, hopefully on Monday.
                            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

get it from the official source as there are a few fake links atm.
                              btw Dave the offical network install is 266.01Mb

Comment

Working...
                              X