Goodbye Rick James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Rick James

Just saw this in the news. Sad news indeed.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Oh well.. better people to cry over (who were never famous enough to get an obit in the national news)..

In 1993 he was convicted in two separate cases of assaulting women. The first case occurred in 1991, when prosecutors said James and his girlfriend tied a woman to a chair, burned her with a hot crack pipe and forced her to perform sex acts during a cocaine binge at his West Hollywood home.

James was free on bail when the second assault occurred in 1992 in James' hotel room.
      By which time he wasn't really doing much good work anyhow.

(I also have bad memories of a roommate that kept me awake blasting his stuff too. Made the whole apartment shake.)

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
        Oh well.. better people to cry over (who were never famous enough to get an obit in the national news)..

By which time he wasn't really doing much good work anyhow.

(I also have bad memories of a roommate that kept me awake blasting his stuff too. Made the whole apartment shake.)
        Warming up for your own wake Chuck?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

KvH, I hate to say it, but you are being an ass. There have been times where you felt saddened by the loss of someone, yet no one criticized that person. Sometimes you need to know when to keep your mouth shut.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

ok.. I'm being an ass.. I'm just thinking of all those poor folks who die every day who starved or couldn't get medical care because they were too poor.. this guy had all that talent and money and wasted it on drugs and died an early death because of it. No one will give a damn when I kick the bucket anyway, so oh well.

Comment

mouth now shut.. please continue

Comment

... No one will give a damn when I kick the bucket anyway, so oh well.
                Maybe you should work on that.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

ok.. I'm being an ass.. I'm just thinking of all those poor folks who die every day who starved or couldn't get medical care because they were too poor.. this guy had all that talent and money and wasted it on drugs and died an early death because of it. No one will give a damn when I kick the bucket anyway, so oh well.
                  You are right, this guy did more than his fair share, but almost everyone deserves some respect when they die. He is still human after all.

Actually, if you died tomorrow, I would defintely be sad. I respect you as an individual and as a contributer to MURC. And I think you deserve more credit than you are giving yourself.
                  Last edited by Helevitia; 7 August 2004, 12:43.

Comment

Thanks, Dave.. sorry for going off on a tangent there.. very uncouth of me under the circumstances. People should be remembered for the better things they did in life anyhow. Please forgive me for dumping in your obit thread, BSDG.

Comment

Thanks, Dave.. sorry for going off on a tangent there.. very uncouth of me under the circumstances. People should be remembered for the better things they did in life anyhow. Please forgive me for dumping in your obit thread, BSDG.
                      Thank you, don't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X