On this day 59 years ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On this day 59 years ago...

An event happened that forever changed the world. A war was ended, and a new one began.

In a Single flash of light, more lives then I can visualize were lost.

We learnt at that time, we have the power to destroy this fragile planet we exist on.

Loosely translated from the enscription at Peace Park in Hiroshima.

'(we) shall not let this evil pass again'

Please remember today, remember the human tradgedy and remember why we can not let it happen again.

Let us all learn a lesson from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so that those lives were not lost in vain.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

*bows head*
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

May it never hapen again

Comment

aye...

hope it never happen again.

but sadly it will (or something worse, after all, we are human)

Comment

How awful it must have been...

*bows head*
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hoping the same...

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Hope it will never be forgotten.....
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Hope it doesn't repeat.

Comment

Unfortunately, I fear it will happen again as long as just one nation has the capability of doing it. Equally unfortunately, it is utopian to think that everyone wishes to harness nuclear energy only for peaceful purposes.

I pray it doesn't happen.
                  Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

ay... never forget history ... *bows head*
                    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Love and peace!
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

...and understanding...
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

May the evil never surface for destrution again. I do however believe in it's use for propulsion of a spacecraft.
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I'd like to see (well, I wouldn't like to see, but you know what I mean) a movie that that goes into as much "gory" detail about the effects of the bombs as The Passion of the Christ did.

TPotC is rather mild compared to what I've read and the pictures I've seen about Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and when I heard about how strongly people were effected by the torture and suffering shown in that movie it really really pissed me off. It'd be interesting to see how the same people who came out of the theaters crying and so moved by what they saw would react if they watched a accurate depictions of the bombs, if they'ed even go and see such a film.

I guess that was a complicated way of saying I agree with Dan on the "don't joke about nuking people" thing.

Comment

May we all live in peace...

Comment

Working...
                              X