So D3 is crushing my R9200...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So D3 is crushing my R9200...

And I need to upgrade my video card. Any suggestions?

How's this look?

I need something DVI.

Also, can the above card be flashed to a 9800?

for that price, I think I would concider this .. if not find a 9800PRO somewhere.. they should be less than $200US now

128MB Crucial Radeon 9700 Pro (refurbished) $129.99 (USD) CTRFBV9700P128A28
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

9200 cannot be flashed into a 9800, lol, you wish 9200 is a 8500 basically

Why not consider GF 6800 GT? It performs well with D3, if you can afford it that is...

Comment

How much u want to spend? My system at 2700+ with a R9700 Pro runs doom 3 decienty but I do get a pause once in a while swtiching weapons at times
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I got the BFG 6800 oc for $400 (MSRP) and I highly recommend this card for Doom 3 through DVI (as everyone has already reported). Running Ultra mode smoothly at 16x12 with a P 4 running at 3.4 GHz.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
            9200 cannot be flashed into a 9800, lol, you wish 9200 is a 8500 basically

Erm, I was referring to the 9600 in the link. I'm not an idiot.

Why not consider GF 6800 GT? It performs well with D3, if you can afford it that is...
            Aren't they like $300?

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
              for that price, I think I would concider this .. if not find a 9800PRO somewhere.. they should be less than $200US now

128MB Crucial Radeon 9700 Pro (refurbished) $129.99 (USD) CTRFBV9700P128A28
              Not a bad option, but it's the same price, about the same performance, CAN'T be flashed to be something better, and lacks DVI.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                How much u want to spend? My system at 2700+ with a R9700 Pro runs doom 3 decienty but I do get a pause once in a while swtiching weapons at times
                I'm looking for the $130 range.

Comment

If you have enough RAM, you might get around that by editing your config file and increasing your image cache size. That seems to help a lot of people with stuttering.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                    If you have enough RAM, you might get around that by editing your config file and increasing your image cache size. That seems to help a lot of people with stuttering.
                    I have Gig of ram...know of a how to some where out there?
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I have Gig of ram...know of a how to some where out there?
                      http://theinquirer.net/?article=17657. Haven't tried it myself yet.
                      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ooooh.

Cliff notes of difference between XT series and not before I go and look it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                          Not a bad option, but it's the same price, about the same performance, CAN'T be flashed to be something better, and lacks DVI.
                          should be a fair bit faster than a 9600XT and it does indeed have DVI

not doom3, I know, but the latest Carmac engine from before.. 201.5 fps versus 164.1

edit: seems they are out of stock, so nevermind that one, unless you want to wait for them to get more in...

Comment

Wow, that looks like a great deal tjalfe. I may get one for myself, thanks.

Or not, stupid out of stock.

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
                              Wow, that looks like a great deal tjalfe. I may get one for myself, thanks.

Or not, stupid out of stock.
                              yeah.. just noticed that myself.. too bad though.. best performance for $130 to be gotten otherwise.. they even have free shipping

Comment

Working...
                              X