New Toyota sports car going into production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toyota sports car going into production

This beast 0-60 in ~ 4sec and 30 mpg, is a HYBRID gas-guzzler.

Who said hybrids couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding?

Get more here.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

She sure got the look
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Is that also the production design ? As it is identical to the prototype they presented before...

Still, it is a nice car!

Gucchi : now that is a nice car, not like some of those german designs...

Jörg
      Last edited by VJ; 5 August 2004, 05:57.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Wow, nice car!
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Cool, the style seems like something new..better than variations on old themes.

Comment

toyota is getting it right this time

and its a hybrid lol, they sure love trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer

toyota is getting it right this time

and its a hybrid lol, they sure love trees.
              Well, oil isn't the way of the future anymore, resources are running out and prices for gas are only going to get higher. But yeah, glad to see more nice cars from Toyota. (Corolla-S, Celica, Supra, Vitz RS)

Comment

Uhhh this isn't serious....

Try googling the name Priapus and seeing what it means.

Its a joke
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                  But yeah, glad to see more nice cars from Toyota. (Corolla-S, Celica, Supra, Vitz RS)
                  Celica is dead and so is the Supra...have no idea what Vitz is LOL

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                    Celica is dead and so is the Supra...have no idea what Vitz is LOL
                    Vitz is the Japanese (or Just the Eastern name)name for Echo.

But yeah, the Priapus name is a joke, it's called a Toyota Volta after the disgner, Alessandro Volta.

Italdesign created a 4300mm long coupe and named it after Alessandro Volta, the Italian scientist who invented the electric battery.

P.S: Celica is dead?? You sure? Supra is supposed to make a comeback soon, supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                      P.S: Celica is dead?? You sure? Supra is supposed to make a comeback soon, supposedly. [/B]

Looks like it might be just the US since the new Scion Tc is coming out taking over its spot in the line up

The Echo is a dud in the states anway..it only sells like 50K units a year

Comment

I walked into a Toyota dealership the other day while our wagon (or "Touring" as they say) was getting repaired. I had just checked out the Honda SUX2000 and I wanted to see if Toyota had something new along the line of their Supra. I wandered that whole lot and saw nothing but heavier cruisers and little engines. I asked the sales boys (looked like they were just old enough to drink) about a performance vehicle and confirmed that Toyota isn't making such a thing. They sure have gotten bland over the years. The little SUX2000 looks like it would be a great little autocrosser though you're too centered in the vehicle to call it a real roadster; I bet it handles well on the track. My car will still smoke the lot of them before they reach for second gear.
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by GT98
                          Uhhh this isn't serious....

Try googling the name Priapus and seeing what it means.

Its a joke
                          No, it's not a joke, it's a real car. Read the article carefully. The car is named the Volta. It was called the "Priapus" by the reviewers because it gave them a hard-on.

Here's the Toyota page:
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Damn, that is the first Toyota CAR I have ever liked. The hybrid design sounds very appealing.

I did own a '82 Toyota truck, back in '86, that I liked.
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                              I walked into a Toyota dealership the other day while our wagon (or "Touring" as they say) was getting repaired. I had just checked out the Honda SUX2000
                              SUX2000??

IIRC weren"t the cars in RoboCop the SUX6000's ??

Wonder if the 2000 will "SUX" as bad as those were implied to

Dr. Mordrid
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                              X