Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lance Armstrong to be Stripped of his 6 th TDF Title!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Armstrong to be Stripped of his 6 th TDF Title!!!

CNN is reporting that Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his 6th Tour de France title.

In a random check for banned substances, 3 were found in Armstrong's hotel room.

The 3 substances banned by the French, that were found in his hotel room were as follows:

(1) Toothpaste
    (2) Deodorant
    (3) Soap

The French officials also found several other items which they had never seen before including a testicle and a backbone...

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Lawrence

Comment

LOL!
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Too true

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

lol
          Man you really got me worried with that title!

Comment

What is it with all the francophobia? If you have to do that, do it in the temp.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

What AZ said.

Comment

if sone one has "testicle and a backbone" then the french
                Core 2 Duo@2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, running SuSE11.2
                G550 at work, G400 and Mystique collecting dust

Comment

I think this thread could be used in a psychological study about global attitude towards France.

Anyway, before anyone get's too upset, from Fawlty Towers:
                  Basil: "Don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it. So it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it. So that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Herman Goering and four Colditz salads....no, wait a minute...I got confused because everyone keeps mentioning the war."

German: "Will you stop mentioning the war?"

Basil: " You started it."

German: " We did not start it."

Basil: " Yes you did, you invaded Poland..."
                  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

The French are too chaotic to have any attitude about them at all, as far as I'm concerned. Good and bad things abound. When I first saw this thread though, my thought was that some French official had randomly decided to deny that "damned American" the honor he had rightly won. Glad to see that didn't happen.
                      Last edited by KvHagedorn; 5 August 2004, 02:23.

Comment

There are French members on this board so I don't think this is too appropriate, at least not for the Lounge...
                        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
                          I think this thread could be used in a psychological study about global attitude towards France.

Anyway, before anyone get's too upset, from Fawlty Towers:
                          of cource the jokes from Fawlty Towers (or 'Allo 'Allo for that matter), aren't denigrating (like saying that the French don't have backbone), but tongue-in-cheek (although maybe politically incorrect, but who cares for political correctness when there's no harm done).

Further more, why do the French not show backbone? by sticking to their view on what happened in the buildup to the invasion of Iraq, which in hindsight they were proven to be right of?
                          And therefor to be labelled as 'traitors' by US media leading to all the 'freedom fries' etc relabeling?

I definately can see the one without backbone here, and it's not France...

Comment

I have to say that the joke was fine except for the last line.

I laughed at the list of banned items and only read that last line as an afterthought. It didn't even really register for me at the time. Upon reflection, it's a pot shot and in poor taste.
                            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                              Further more, why do the French not show backbone? by sticking to their view on what happened in the buildup to the invasion of Iraq, which in hindsight they were proven to be right of?
                              And therefor to be labelled as 'traitors' by US media leading to all the 'freedom fries' etc relabeling?

I definately can see the one without backbone here, and it's not France...
                              Recent developments in Sudan seem to shed a new light on their behaviour.
                              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                              X