Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3 is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3 is out!

sweet, I've been having some weird bugs lately, hope this resolves some of them.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

What's the correct upgrade procedure? I read here that one of the earlier versions sometimes didn't uninstall properly.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

The uninstaller should work fine, unless you have accidentally installed straight under Program Files (so that Firefox doesn't have its own subdirectory there). Apparently at least some version would delete everything under the installation directory.

I've always used the zip version.
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

It's got its own Mozilla Firefox folder so that's a relief.

What do you mean by "zip" version?
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Zip as in file compression container
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

If you go to the Mirrors page that is linked from the Download page, you can find ftp directories that also include a zipped version (no installer). Just a choice. It is a bit bigger.
              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

So I can't install over top of my current install?

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                  So I can't install over top of my current install?
                  It has always been strongly recommended not to do that.
                  Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

I have been installing overtop since 0.9 and havent had one problem.

Wait ...small issue, sometimes i end up with 2 google toolbars (i use the extension one) I have to uninstall and reinstall the extension to fix it
                    All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream -Edgar Allan Poe-

Comment

How do you guys save your config info and plugins if you uninstall a version and install a new one on top?

Comment

Mozilla and Firefox and the rest save their user-specific data in the user's home directory (or Documents and Settings folder), the way all programs should but the vast majority of Windows programs seem to delight in pissing me off by not doing. You won't lose settings, bookmarks, mail, passwords, etc. by uninstalling. Plugins maybe, but probably not, and reinstalling them's no biggie anyway (and their settings should be preserved).
                        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Goddamit, is there a way to disable CTRL+W or whatever it is from closing Firefox??

Comment

At home I installed over the current install without probs. At work I didn't so I've got too re-install some plugins.

I think version 0.8x didn't like going to version 0.9.

Something they need to work on to make the upgrade more user friendly.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
                              Goddamit, is there a way to disable CTRL+W or whatever it is from closing Firefox??
                              Ctrl+Q is close program
                              Ctrl+W is close current tab

I don't know if you can disable it. Well you could download the source and edit them out and recompile
                              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                              X