Doom 3: CATALYST 4.9 BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3: CATALYST 4.9 BETA

ATI is providing an early version of CATALYST 4.9 to users interested in increasing performance of Doom 3.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

This is the 8.05 driver that was used in HardOCP's tests.

Comment

hey Paddy stop stealing my thunder!

Comment

Don't worry, the 4.8's are supposed to be out soon. I'll let you post them
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

i have a feeling that those 4.9s are rewritten OGL drivers... gotta try them

Comment

The softmod 4.9betas are also out

Comment

so are they chopping visual quality to increase fps?
              Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

I dont think so. The performances are only noticable in the X800 cards. I didn't notice any difference on my 9800

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                  I dont think so. The performances are only noticable in the X800 cards. I didn't notice any difference on my 9800
                  ... supposedly by reducing the color depth to 16 at times according to owners. Saw a fog screenshot which showed the banding with the new drivers.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

hmm... well - I havn't seen much change on my 9800, but i am playing it at 800x600 (ultra high & 2xAA)

When HL2 comes out, I hope I can manage better than that!

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                      ... supposedly by reducing the color depth to 16 at times according to owners. Saw a fog screenshot which showed the banding with the new drivers.
                      I get quite bad colour banding on just one effect with Cat4.7 - the smoke above the firey jets early in the game. Other smoke effects and pixel shader effects look fine. Just that one that looks bad.

Comment

Doom III w/ Catalyst 4.9 Beta Tested
                        Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                        Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Not a lot of differance in those benchmarks.
                          Looks like ATI need to sleep with ID like Nvidea do.
                          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
                            From where the first I heard of it.??

Colour banding seems like an old bug has that resurfaced???
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Newb question....why are the requirements for a "100% DirectX 9.0b compatible" 3D accelerator if the game uses OpenGL?

Thanks,

John

Comment

Working...
                              X