problem with DWL-810+ Wireless bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with DWL-810+ Wireless bridge

So I bought this thing to get my Xbox hooked up wirelessly. I can't seem to get it to work.

I've managed to connect it to a PC, establish communication, update the firmware to the latest version, change the subnet from default to the one I use, configure the WiFi settings, and get it to receive an address via DHCP. It doesn't seem to pass through DHCP request to my DI-624 gateway/router so I have to set my PC statically.

I can communicate to the bridge and via the bridge's admin console, can ensure that it is communicating to my router. But I can't get it to bridge any traffic. I won't let me talk to my router directly, therefore, I can't get onto the internet with it via a PC. What luck would my Xbox have?

Am I doing something wrong? I'm going to call D-Link tech support tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone here has used this or a similar device before and has any advice.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Well I solved my own problem.

D-Link was no help. They just told me that it all should be working and that I must be doing something wrong.

I remembered reading a note on Microsoft's web site that said their wireless bridge would only work with non-MS Access Points if you disabled superG modes.

One of the reasons I bought my 810+ was because I figured that it would be fine with my D-Link router. I guess it was a bad assumption. I disabled superG on my router and the 810+ started working right away. That's annoying. I already have an order in for a G810 so I won't have to live this way forever, but I'm annoyed that D-Link's products don't interoperate as well as they should and that D-Link tech support didn't suggest this as a problem.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
    X