Doom 3 audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom 3 audio

I can't wait to hear this game in 5.1 with my bad sub. I understand that the audio is very impressive on this game and is an important part of the immersive experience. That's perfect since I'll be playing this game on my HTPC which is hooked into my high quality HT system.

Has anyone had a chance to experience this game (any build) in 5.1?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Man, I'm thinking I'm going to have to go home tonight and hookup my component cable, run my digital sound cable and move my wireless keyboard over to my HT system and play D3

I have to convince the wife to give up the TV for a few, but I think she will be inclined. I'll tell her she gets to watch a scary movie
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Let me know what you think Dave. They say to turn up the sub a bit and knock down the bass on the fronts ... worth a try.

Jeez ... is everyone getting illegitimate distributions of this game or is there some sort of advanced copies going out?

I don't need to set up HT for this game but I do need to quickly finish off some important tasks because I got a feeling I'll be tied up quite up bit over the next couple days.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The game was released early.

Comment

yeah, a number of stores jumped the gun and were selling it as early as saturday...
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

What's the format of the 5.1 audio for Doom3? Is it using EAX, Dolby 5.1 or something else?

Comment

I didn't get a chance to try it last night, maybe tonight.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I know you've read this a million times, but...this is ONE SCARY GAME!

OK, without getting off the subject too much, I couldn't get DD working because I didn't have it set up in windows so I didn't have that working. Also, I've never set up widescreen before so that wasn't workign either. So basically I played Doom3 on my 40" widescreen @ 1024x768 without surround sound. I might as well just played it on my normal setup. Oh well, next time I set it up out there, I'll have everything I need to get it going properly. The game is pretty damn scary though.

Comment

sound is creapy. its almost scarier without surround sound because you are not positive where a noise came from :P
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I've had to turn it off for a bit ....

Playing at 800x600 with 2x AA

I get some tearing if i strafe, but other wise it looks good.
                    How do you show the frame rate?
                    --
                    Softmodded AIW 9800 SE
                    Barton 3200+
                    1GB DDR in Dual Channel mode
                    Last edited by Paddy; 4 August 2004, 02:59.
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I'll assume you know how to get into the console. Once there type in:

COM_SHOWFPS 1

And you will see your FPS in the upper right corner.
                      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
                      X