No promise Fast Trac 100 TX=

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No promise Fast Trac 100 TX=

Me being able to hit 145 FSB with my MSI 745 with my Althon XP 2400+ which means I get 2175 in "real" Mhz Comes in handy with Doom 3
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Removing my Promise from my 745 was what let me up my FSB too. Weird.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

RAID cards can be very picky about FSB overclocking, and if this is the TX4 then it could be more so because it has two PCI bridge chips instead of just one (as is the case with the "plain" FT100's). This is also why it shows 2 entries in Device Manager.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I've noticed most newer boards have built in RAID controllers (at least RAID 0/1), how does that affect them with overclocking?
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

The onboard raid controllers seem to handle overclocking pretty well. I think not having the pci bridge chip is what helps, since those generally have a tighter timing range as it resynchs to the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            RAID cards can be very picky about FSB overclocking, and if this is the TX4 then it could be more so because it has two PCI bridge chips instead of just one (as is the case with the "plain" FT100's). This is also why it shows 2 entries in Device Manager.

Dr. Mordrid
            Almost. They shouldn't care about the FSB. They should care about the PCI bus. My computer's weird behavior was that the TX2 would work with FSB of 133 and a 1/4 multiplier, but not 166 with a 1/5 multiplier.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X