PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

dZeus
1st August 2004, 04:33
Welcome all to the new HTPC forum!

I want to put some new life into MURC, and I noticed that there already were quite a lot of users, myself included, who are building a HTPC (often with their old Matrox cards).
Since the topics covered by HTPC building and configuring would otherwise fall under a plethora of different forums, I thought it would be nice to have a seperate subforum for it.

So feel free to contribute to this forum to post all your questions and findings regarding HTPC hardware and software.

GNEP
1st August 2004, 07:22
Nice one! I will be building one in a month or so :)

Belwarrior
1st August 2004, 10:43
my own project has been going on and off for a while now.. i better get down to finish it up soon.. this forum should help some

Technoid
1st August 2004, 10:51
IMy G400 is waiting to be part of an HTPC ;)

KvHagedorn
1st August 2004, 12:09
Has anyone enunciated the actual words "Home Theater Personal Computer"? Nope, thought not. That is what we are all supposed to be talking about here, right?

SpiralDragon
1st August 2004, 12:30
i was thinking of an HTPC but not for now... i was also thinking that murc would be the best place to get advice... now its all set :)

DGhost
1st August 2004, 13:13
XBox!

dZeus
1st August 2004, 14:04
how do you capture video on an Xbox without needing to go through some ultra-low bitrate USB 1.1 connection, or resorting to a multi-PC solution? :D

Liquid Snake
1st August 2004, 17:50
Can we talk about hifi stuff in here as well?

DGhost
1st August 2004, 18:06
Originally posted by dZeus
how do you capture video on an Xbox without needing to go through some ultra-low bitrate USB 1.1 connection, or resorting to a multi-PC solution? :D

stream it from a PC with a TV tuner? :)

Nappe1
2nd August 2004, 00:27
Excelent forum and idea. :)
G4x0 and G550 cards are pretty excelent for HTPC because of RGB scart support and because they are passive cooled.

Jammrock
2nd August 2004, 05:33
Originally posted by Liquid Snake
Can we talk about hifi stuff in here as well?
If it's related to HTPC stuff, then yes. Otherwise it should go in General Hardware/Software. Though we do almost talk about HiFi stuff to make a HiFi subforum ...

Jammrock

Belwarrior
4th August 2004, 00:24
hmm maybe we can have this forum to be "HTPC and Hi-Fi"
as the amount of threads on these subjects tends to less than on the other forii?? forums..... like Hi-Fi threads tend to be seasonal :p they crop up during festive periods and then vanishes while We may run out of Topics on HTPC soon..

--my 2cents

Sasq?

Paddy
4th August 2004, 06:15
Having converted my XBOX into a HTPC of sorts, I'd have to :up: with DGhost. However, it's video capturing ability is agreeably limited.

Helevitia
8th August 2004, 11:23
I just noticed this forum LOL