Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome

Welcome all to the new HTPC forum!

I want to put some new life into MURC, and I noticed that there already were quite a lot of users, myself included, who are building a HTPC (often with their old Matrox cards).
    Since the topics covered by HTPC building and configuring would otherwise fall under a plethora of different forums, I thought it would be nice to have a seperate subforum for it.

So feel free to contribute to this forum to post all your questions and findings regarding HTPC hardware and software.

Nice one! I will be building one in a month or so
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

my own project has been going on and off for a while now.. i better get down to finish it up soon.. this forum should help some
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

IMy G400 is waiting to be part of an HTPC
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Has anyone enunciated the actual words "Home Theater Personal Computer"? Nope, thought not. That is what we are all supposed to be talking about here, right?

Comment

i was thinking of an HTPC but not for now... i was also thinking that murc would be the best place to get advice... now its all set
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

XBox!
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

how do you capture video on an Xbox without needing to go through some ultra-low bitrate USB 1.1 connection, or resorting to a multi-PC solution?
                Last edited by dZeus; 1 August 2004, 16:11.

Comment

Hifi etc.

Can we talk about hifi stuff in here as well?

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                    how do you capture video on an Xbox without needing to go through some ultra-low bitrate USB 1.1 connection, or resorting to a multi-PC solution?
                    stream it from a PC with a TV tuner?
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Excelent forum and idea.
                      G4x0 and G550 cards are pretty excelent for HTPC because of RGB scart support and because they are passive cooled.
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

Re: Hifi etc.

Originally posted by Liquid Snake
                        Can we talk about hifi stuff in here as well?
                        If it's related to HTPC stuff, then yes. Otherwise it should go in General Hardware/Software. Though we do almost talk about HiFi stuff to make a HiFi subforum ...

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

hmm maybe we can have this forum to be "HTPC and Hi-Fi"
                          as the amount of threads on these subjects tends to less than on the other forii?? forums..... like Hi-Fi threads tend to be seasonal they crop up during festive periods and then vanishes while We may run out of Topics on HTPC soon..

--my 2cents

Sasq?
                          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Having converted my XBOX into a HTPC of sorts, I'd have to with DGhost. However, it's video capturing ability is agreeably limited.
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I just noticed this forum LOL
                              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X