Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your impressions please

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

My gut feeling is that with this requiring an extra 72W and having a not-very-quiet fan, I'm not expecting to see glowing reviews.
    FT.

Comment

Finally found the reviews, it's crap.

With Intel CPUs soaring well over the 100W mark, questions about the efficacy of conventional heatsink and forced air cooling arise again. The AC4G system from ActiveCool employs one of the likely alternatives: Thermoelectric Cooling. Thermoelectric Coolers (TEC) are nothing new, but Active-Cool aims to put the technology to work in a new way, by
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Yeah a 72w peltier isn't enough with the amount of heat fast processors pump off now, and the fan is too small to cool the hot side.
        Plus unfortunately it limits the min temp of the heat plate to around 28C.

Comment

Yeah, looked like a variant on the peltier design to me. Pelteir's are good in theory, bad inside computers. Your room has to have humidity controls in it, otherwise you run a big risk of condensation on the cold plate. Happened to a friend of mine.

I would stick to water, heatpipe and air cooled designed.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
            Your room has to have humidity controls in it, otherwise you run a big risk of condensation on the cold plate.
            Only on badly fitted plates. A properly insulated one will not have this happen.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

True, bu most peltiers I've seen didn't have any insulation on them at all...or at least only a very thin layer.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
              X