"Sin City" movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sin City" movie

based on Frank Miller's graphic (in more ways than one) novels.

April 2005

Director/producer/screenwriter:

Robert Roderiquez & Frank Miller

Miller is famous for more great graphic novels than I can list, but the list includes The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, Ronin and Give Me Liberty.

Rumor has it Quentin Tarantino also directed a couple of scenes where his "talents" were in order

The movie is based on a compilation of three of Millers Sin City books: The Hard Good Bye (renamed from simply "Sin City"), The Big Fat Kill, and That Yellow Bastard.

Cast (of what seems like thousands):

Nancy Callahan: Jessica Alba

Ava Lord: Maria Bello

Hartigan: Bruce Willis

Keven: Elijah Wood

Jack Rafferty: Benicio Del Toro

Marv: Mickey Rourke

Manute: Michael Clarke Duncan

Gail: Rosario Dawson

Goldie/Wendy: Jaime King

Shellie: Brittany Murphy

Junior/Yellow Bastard: Nick Stahl

Lucille: Carla Gugino

Bob: Michael Madsen

Brittany Murphy

Dwight: Clive Owen

The Employee: Josh Hartnett

The Customer: Marley Shelton

Jessical Alba poster for Sin City:

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 August 2004, 00:43.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I saw a couple of moments of Alba filming a scene for this with Bruce Willis, I think, on ET. I remember a green screen set and I think she was on a catwalk.

She looked hot.

'nuff said.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
      She looked hot.
      Jessica Alba looked hot? Really? That's so shocking
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Comment

Ye olde footage from ET:

Find the best movie previews to hit the internet -- search and discover movie trailers on the web.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I think Benicio Del Toro is a fantastic actor so I will give it a go.

Comment

Seen the movie yesterday night. WOW!!!!
              "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Hey so I saw Sin City a week ago and I was meaning to ask because I've never read the comics.

Were these regular characters from the books or is the premise of Sin City these interweaved stories all staged within the elaborately developed city? So that the characters themselves are somewhat inconsequential?

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                  Hey so I saw Sin City a week ago and I was meaning to ask because I've never read the comics.

Were these regular characters from the books or is the premise of Sin City these interweaved stories all staged within the elaborately developed city? So that the characters themselves are somewhat inconsequential?
                  Erm, IIRC the movie was lifted virtually verbatim from several graphic novels/comic series. I have only read one or two single comics of Sin City, so I couldn't say which... but the Google is strong with me (tm):

The part with "Marv" was covered in the plotline of the first graphic novel "Sin City". The part with Dwight and getting rid of Bennicio Del Toro's character's body was in the novel "The Big Fat Kill". Hardigan's story is from "That Yellow Bastard".

From what I understand, the movie works these three storylines together with a bit of Hollywood Glue (tm).
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                  X