Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP PLEASE. booting probs. think it's freq setting please help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE. booting probs. think it's freq setting please help!!!!!

hi
    please help

i have problems booting up. it stalls while booting at all different times. i have a asus p4s800 motherboard and a 2.6 p4 processor and 512 mb 400mhz pc2100. i have just been reading in the motherboard book and it says that for 800mhz fsb the ram frequency should be either pc2700 or pc 3200 but for 533mhz fsb it can be these and pc2100 and some more. i belive the m/b whould be set to 800 fsb as defult. i belive that this might be my problem. my m/b says it is capable of 133 533 and 800 fsb. so i guess if i change the fsb to 533 i should be all good. is this right? if so how do i do it? if not any ideas what is wrong?

please help.

Asus' website seems to be down right now so I can't download the pdf for your mobo but if it supports running the memory bus async from the CPU the way the other asus models I've worked with do (it’s really a chipset feature), there will be a setting in the bios for this.

BTW, there's no such thing as 400MHz PC2100 memory. 400MHz is referred to as PC3200. PC2100 memory is also known as 266MHz. If someone sold you PC2100 memory and told you it was 400MHz, you should get a refund.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
    X