To complete my studio I need....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To complete my studio I need....

A set of speakers and two LCD based monitors.

I am a video editor and I got everything except for a good set of speakers, I need something that produces good quality sound with a remote control.

I did have a receiver, but I use it now for my home entertainment, so I now need only powered speakers for my editing suite.

And of course 2 15 inch LCD's would be nice as well.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Elie

Personally, I'd look into 17" LCDs.

Check out Samsung 710T.
    Also www.monitorsdirect.com has a nice monitor selector (they don't ship outside USA, but their selector is nice).

Also if you speak german, check prad.de for LCD reviews.

As for speakers, generally you'd be better of with a pair of bookshelf speakers and a receiver than a pair of "computer" or "multimedia" speakers.

Otherwise, check out Altec Lansing and Logitech.

Comment

I have to go with Utwig on the speaker recommendation. You can get a very decent stereo (not surround) receiver quite cheap these days, and a good pair of bookshelf speakers would kill any powered PC speakers.

I recommend PSB Alpha speakers, since the sound quality is great considering the very low price. You could probably pick up the speakers and receiver for less than a high end PC speaker set from Klipsh.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Thanks guys, I was leanign towards your recommendation since I had a receiver in my office before I moved to a new house.

Thanks,
        Elie

Comment

for additional wow factor, i think u can look into the more expensive but very beautiful LG 1720B LCD

I had one partial dead pixel on it when i brought it, but right now the dead pixel is gone (been using it for a month and never seem to come back. hopefully it will stay that way)

Comment

Samsung LCD.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

if you are looking for realy clean sound on par to studio referance monitors the m-aodio Studiophile BX5 is a prety good option... very clean sound... good for use in an sudio studio... they also have a 5.1+ kit opption... i have the BX5s... i love their sound... no extra coloring that you get with normal speakers and amps...

as far as LCDs go.. well i wouldnt buy an LCD simply for 2 reasons .. the good ones are too damnd expensive.. like the viewsonic HD variants and 2nd reason is that even if i had the moeny i couldnt get them here anyway ...
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Hmmm. the M-audio speakers look pretty good and for $400 Canadian I can afford that.

Shukran maalem!!

Thanks!

Cheers,
                Elie

Comment

tekram hal eyoun ya habibi ...
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I called a music store close to me and they don't have the M-Audio in stock (takes about a week if they order it) however they refered me to these...

They are called Near05 by EGO SYS

They cost about $319 and they said the quality is identical.
                    Anyone had experience with these?

Comment

If you want some decent Canadian stuff try Paradigm or Energy.
                      Both are excellent products, with the Energy stuff a little more expensive, but worth the price.
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

EGO sys is quite good actualy... they make some good stuff

Comment

the Near05 is not that mutch difrent in apearence than the StudioPhile BX5.. other than a blue LED light at the top of the woofer circle

Comment

btw.. i paid $700 USD for my pair of BX5s.... yup ... things are way to expensive here in leb

Comment

Working...
                            X