recommendations for a mouse mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations for a mouse mat

I'm looking for some recommendations for a new mouse mat and it must be suited to gaming as I play a lot of CS I currently use a bog standard spongy mouse mat which cost me a few pounds. I have heard many things about these func pads. The mouse I use is either an MS wheel mouse optical or an Mx500.

So basically my criteria for a new mouse mat would be something that is a good size, is suited for optical mice and gaming.

I tried the Everglide giganta mat but couldn't get use to the unusual shape and small surface area.

Everglide sucks.. I had a giganta myself and I really hate that thing.

get the Surface 1030 by Func Industries. It's a gift from heaven to gamers (or something like that).

Comment

Xtrac mouse pads...

Dealers: http://www.xtracpads.com/resellers.htm
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Had a Ratpad, but after extensive use (played CS also) the ultraslick texture wore off and it became more sticky than a worn out wet-suit style pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon P. Inghram
          Had a Ratpad, but after extensive use (played CS also) the ultraslick texture wore off and it became more sticky than a worn out wet-suit style pad.
          That's what you use Armour All for
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I recommend one of the thin, floppy everglide pads. I'm not a fan of hard pads, and I don't know if the floppy everglides are still made, or if they have a real name, but they are FAST! (The optica is really poor, though!) If my Dual Optical wouldn't have tracking problems on them (MX-generation and Microsoft mice are fine, IIRC), I would use those pads.

Oh, and get some mouse skatez.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

3M Precise Mouse surfaces are great. Not expensive either.

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

as crazy as it may sound....use a trackball.
                Those things are so awesome, I am using my old one again

I am using one similar to this:

that one uses thumb ...other ones my MS use the index finger, not so sure how that is!

once you get into them, RTS, FPS games are a joy to play. Best of all, no need for space or a mouse pad. Accurate as a stilleto as well!

Comment

lol. Trackballs may be comfortable to use, they're not fast enough for most fps games.

Comment

Also using a Func surface 1030, best mousepad ever
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

You might try an Elecom ultra-thin PET mouse mat: http://www.elecom.eu.com/products/Mouse_Pads/index.html (2nd from the bottom). Absolutely fantastic - if your mouse likes it, that is. £5 or so from your local PC World. They do some nice laptop sleeves too.

I got an indigo one. My Logitech Mouseman Optical had issues with it, but when it worked it was the best that mouse has ever felt. My Mouseman Traveller wouldn't track AT ALL on it - neither would my sister's little Belkin. I tried someone's MX700 on it - that had no problems. I ended up giving it to my friend who has an Intellimouse Explorer, and he says it works great. (All these mice were optical.)

PS - How did you get a Parhelia AND a 9700 into your rig?
                      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

hehe, got my mouse mat from office world.
                        horrible beach scene but it feels great with my optical mouse. costed me £3-99!

Comment

sometimes, form precedes function...
                          Attached Files
                          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
                            Also using a Func surface 1030, best mousepad ever
                            ditto. I have a brand new spare just in case they stop producing again.

Comment

I'm really starting to be one over by the Func 1030. A few friends had also recommended this pad.

I think I might give it a try guys

Thanks for all the replies .. I'm off to do my research

Comment

Working...
                              X