Lgoitech MX700 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lgoitech MX700 problem

Anyone else having problems with their MX700 not charging while its on the base? I have to play with the mouse to get it light up green so it starts charging. I'm starting to wonder if its the contacts getting dirty or oxyixzed
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Have you cleaned the contacts?
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Haven't had a problem with mine yet, and I've had it for close to if not a year now.
      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

I have also noticed that sometimes I'll have to move/push the mouse a little bit in its base before it'll start recharging. It doesn't bother me that much anymore, because I bought myself a battery charger and some extra batteries. Now I'm always having some fresh batteries when those are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          Have you cleaned the contacts?
          Yep a couple times...seemed to make it a bit better but still happens.
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Nevery had the problem with any of those types of contacts. It's possible that the contacts need to be pushed/pulled/propped a fraction of an inch higher. Flexable metal contacts can push away just enough to cause this kind of behavior or maybe some of the internal wiring is slightly loose. Seen the same thing with remote phones.

Comment

Yeah, my mouse started to do this. I've given up on it (I'd leave it 'charging' and come back in the morning to find that it still had almost 0 charge) and just rotate a couple of sets of rechargables through it. They last about a week so it isn't too onerous.

If you come up with a solution post it here. Altough possibly the contacts on my mouse could do with a good clean.

Uberlad
              -------------------------
              8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
              5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Ive had the same problem, i thought it was connectors but ended up being the power cord coming from the powerpack. Loose wire/connection or something.

Try testing out a mates one
                |CPU|Intel P4 2.8GHz(800MHz) @ 3.4GHz(980MHz)|CPU Cooling| CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU Heatsink & Fan, Arctic Silver 5 |Mobo|MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R (Bios 2.4)|RAM|2 x 256MB Geil PC3200 RAM, Dual Channel, 5:4, 2-3-3-5|HDD|2 x WD 36G 10000RPM SATA (8MB Buffer), RAID 0|Video Card|256MB Sapphire x800pro VIVO 475/450@540/520, 16 pipelines enabled, 3D Connect bios|Video Card Drivers|Omega v2.5.90|CD-RW|LiteOn CD-RW|LCD|17" ViewSonic VP171s|PSU|Enhance 400W|K&M|Logitech MX Duo|OS|Windows XP, SP2, DirectX 9c

Comment

Never had any problem, although sometimes I have to 'jiggle' the mouse in the cradle to get the green LED to show.
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Working...
                  X