Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Usual "Problems with Premiere"

Hi,

I got my G400 MAX and Adobe Premiere 6.0 on my PC. Everyone feel free to call me names for not using MSP, but I'm just very familiar with Premiere's interface, and am trying to get a project done for Monday. The program actually runs good enough for me, but around every five minutes it crashes and I get knocked out of the program. Could it be:

1. My capture had some dropped frames, should I recapture my clips?

2. Should I try any additions to the prem60.ini file? i tried the ones which 5.1 used:

[override]
    PrintToVideoFixed=0
    NoDirectShow=1

[codec]
    keepopen=dmb1

When I put these in, I couldn't notice a reliability improvment.

Is there anything I can do to get this a bit stabler? Heck, I don't even mind a crash every 30 minutes or so....

Thanks,

Vince
    Vince

If Premiere 6.0 is crashing then something else is wrong. Unlike 5.1c and previous builds this one is actually quite stable.

I'd check the DirectX installation using DXDiag (Start/Run) and consider updating to Dx8. Otherwise it may be a Windoze problem.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc, doesn't installing Premiere 6.0 also install DirectX 8? Seems to have done so on my system. I wasn't too happy about it since DirectX 8 can't be removed. But I so far have seen only one new problem -- Vegas Video Capture tool's "preview to tape" feature seems to have stopped working :-( I haven't had time to investigate further.

--wally.

Comment

Yes it does install DX8. This hasn't been a problem on my systems (RT-2000, Marvel etc.)

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
        X