Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yager in Surround

Hi Guys ...
    Yager is a futuristic ... aerial ... combat ... action game.
    The game-play has the feel of a first-person shooter, combined with the rush of a fighter-sim ... and the graphics are awesome.... :shock:
    More info here ... www.yager-development.com/en/project.html

Those of you in the UK can get it really cheap ... here ... https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...339267-0906053

I sent Dave at ToCA Edit a copy to see if he could create a FOV Hack ... he did ... Thank You Dave !
    (I don't think the game was launched in the US.)

There is a demo ... but I don't think the FOV Hack will work with it ...
    It will however show you just how good the game is ... get the demo here ... www.3dgamers.com/games/yager/

To get it going in Surround....

First apply the latest patches ... v522 update ... and the multiplayer ... mp-v524 add-on.
    I think you will need a no-CD ... I'm using this one here ... http://gamecopyworld.com/start.htm

Run the game once in normal single head mode ... save a profile.
    Exit the game and in the game folder ... \THQ\Yager\savegames\101 .... edit the ... 101.ysc file using WordPad ...
    Modify the line .... set CFG_GFX_RESX 800 ... to read ... set CFG_GFX_RESX 3072
    Modify the line .... set CFG_GFX_RESY 600 ... to read ... set CFG_GFX_RESY 768

Now ... download Dave's ... Yager FOV Hack from www.tocaedit.com you will find it under the heading files.

Set it as follows ...

Field of View (FOV): 2.25
    Width Field of View (FOV): 2.28
    Field of View (FOV When Zoomed): 1
    If you use the Launcher to start the game tick the box ... SSE Version
    If you use Yager.exe to start the game don't tick the box ... SSE Version

Start the game up ... you will see the menus are just on the centre screen ...
    Once your flying in the first mission/tutorial press the down arrow key to go to the external view...
    Now press the Numpad * ... to enable the FOV Hack.
    You can now change to whatever view you prefer with the correct FOV.

When you use the "boost" in the game or have your ship repaired you will need to re-set the FOV with the Numpad *

Enjoy ...

Some screens ...

My Systems :
    Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
    480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
    Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Nice work, Paddy!

I just looked at your sig and I totally agree with you;
    The way it's meant to be played!

Comment

Working...
    X