32MB G450 DualHead AGP and DVD playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32MB G450 DualHead AGP and DVD playback

I am building computer from my old parts (buying some missing stuff when needed.) for my friend and because he is interested about HiFi / HomeTheather, I thought that new G450 with built in Scart RGB support would be pretty good choice. (he won't be playing any games with this computer, so no problem there.)

I just wanted to make sure that there's no problems with using Scart RGB cable and DVDMax in 2nd head? TV is 32" 16:9 Sony. CPU will be XP1700+ on KT133A platform, which should be enough even for software DVD decoding.

How's the primary output quality? the standard Matrox?
    "Dippadai"

Just a note, if you use a g450 or g550, you'll want to resize in software with ffdshow if the video's vertical res isn't the same as the tv-out standard's one.

Comment

Nappe1: the KT133A chipset may give you problems. Very buggy chipset.
      Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

Originally posted by G400SG16mb
        Nappe1: the KT133A chipset may give you problems. Very buggy chipset.
        well, it didn't give during the 3 years I was using it. neither did the chipset before it: AMD750 (Rev 5 though), which was also said to be VERY buggy.

KT133A has only one major problem, it's the PCI performance, when both IDE channels gets heavy traffic.

and well, my friend got used G550 pretty cheap already, so now just waiting to get everything together.
        "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
        X