Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rather (CBS anchor) re: Dem convention....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Rather (CBS anchor) re: Dem convention....

At one time they were kind of like the Super Bowl in a presidential campaign year," he said. "They're now like a preseason NFL game. ... You have to take a speed-yawning course to get through some of this stuff, even when you're in the convention hall.

I could see people nodding off, and I couldn't blame them. In this almost catatonic state, conventions will disappear unless somebody in one party at least decides to rethink them and bring them back in a form where they matter. If we were on for three hours a night, in a lot of places a test pattern would get better ratings.
    I have to agree with him. About the most informative thing tonight was watching Mrs. Kerry tell everyone about her husband John Kerry by talking about herself for half an hour.

No wonder he wants a more-than-full-time day job

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I don't know, I found a lot of it interesting. All of the speeches on Monday were good and those of the first half of last night. Fat Teddy's was good, Dick Gephardt's was excellent and so was Obama's.

By the way, you should note he's talking about conventions in general with evidence from Boston, it'll probably be the same for NYC.

Comment

These conventions are more coronation ceremonies for the party standard bearer than anything else. Nothing of any real importance is being decided. Its just a big cheerleading party. It may be interesting, but its almost never relevent anymore.

Kevin

Comment

They're probably a real blast for political animals. Some people thrive on elections.

Comment

Fat Teddy's speech was great entertainment, especially when his was slurring his words and couldn't pronounce things correctly. Its funny to listen to him ranting on.

Comment

Politcal conventions holds a single purpose: Throw a big @$$ party for really rich people so the political party can gerate an @$$ load of money.

Nothing but a hive of scum and villany.

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I just wached Clinton on the stand (think it was monday he spoke?)

WOW

you might not like him, but he is a first class orator. Ted kennedy was awful

intrestingly though was the democrats assult on foreign policy - isnt it traditionally a weak point for democrats?
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Originally posted by RedRed
                I just wached Clinton on the stand (think it was monday he spoke?)

WOW

you might not like him, but he is a first class orator. Ted kennedy was awful

intrestingly though was the democrats assult on foreign policy - isnt it traditionally a weak point for democrats?
                Well I got to meet Clinton in Germany right before I got shipped off to Bosina in 1996. He has this presesce about him and I can understand how some women could fall under his spell as you might call it. On the other hand Hillary felt like a cold bitch when I met her.

Yes its interesting, but also the guy they want to put into office admited to burning and pillaing villages in vietnam and was an ardent Anti-war protester after the war
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                X