MATROX RT 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATROX RT 2000

I have a athlon 800 mhz running on a abit ka7 100 with 256 mr ram.
    I red on matrox web site that abit kt7 (socket 1) is unsupported mother board and the problem seems to be the "export to tape" function (i guess in DV codec).
    Now, i also red that there are some people out there running rt200o on ka7 motherboard with no problem. I'm not scure if they never tried that functionality.
    I will buy a rt2000 system, and i would like to know if anyone here know anything about this. I need (of course) to export to tape.

Do you guys know something about it ?

Thanks

Max

I think it depends on the version of the VIA chipset. As a matter of fact I think that the Doc posted something on here about it around 2 months ago. Do a search, might turn up something.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

The KT7/KT7-RAID boards have severe problems that don't seem to affect other quality VIA chipped boards. That said, IMHO the Asus K7V/K7V133 or an AMD chipped board would be a much better setup.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 08 February 2001).]

Comment

I have a slot A abit ka7 100 (not kt7 raid), would it make a difference ?
        Do you suggest me to buy an asus mother motherboard instead ?
        (i like mine !!!)

Max

Comment

I'd give the KA7 a try first. You never know...

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Thanks doc !

Comment

Working...
            X