[M]urc ancient history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [M]urc ancient history

Been playing with out search engine for a while today, looking for my old posts (1999) 'n stuff.
    I then saw my ID was 98 so I got curious about the older members.
    1: ? (Flangor ???)
    2: Dr Mordrid
    3: Ant
    4: Phil
    5: SteveC
    6: Kruzin
    7: R0M
    8: Rags
    9: ?
    13: Joel
    14: Brian R.
    15: pcman
    17: rubank
    18: kjliew
    19: agallag
    20: M Ragsdale

Are those the original IDs and registering dates ?
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

No, there was a big MURC crash and all the accounts had to be reset. I think that's what happened.

I originally registered in 98 or 99.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yeah, not that many members left from pre-crash MURC. Or very active ones at least. I'm another pre-crash MURCer.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I think I was post-crash, but I'm not sure. Either way, I have had my username changed. Initially, it was my last name with the initial of my first name, now it is just my initials.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Ragsdale is Rags.

I started out around the G200 days.

Comment

22nd July 1999 was my first post ever. (post-crash???)

Nostalgic Thread

Comment

I remember VerstraeteJ (sp?)

I don't know if I registered pre-crash and lurked... I know I once posted a "Matrox Condor II" image when everyone was waiting for G800, and Ant put it up on the front page, and sites like [H] were all over it and posted it too

Too bad I don't have it anymore.

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

9 is the missing admin account, i still have some recovery to do post hack
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Was there a MURC crash? I thought it was a server move that made us re-register. I remember lurking for a month while waiting for my G400 MAX pre-order, and then finally deciding to register on like August 29th 1999. I made three posts and then the server was moved so I had to register again on August 31st 1999. Initially, Ant made everyone who registered the first few days a "MURCer" so that the old-timers wouldn't have to do 100 posts to become a MURCer again. As a side effect, I was never a mini

Comment

A suggestion was made to Ant in April of 1998 to start a MURC based forum. Flangor started work on one about that time and it offically open around May of 98. The three first registered users to that forum were Ant, Flangor and myself. Then there was the big crash about a year later and everyone had to re-register.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Weren't we originally hosted on GAGames? I'm pretty sure we moved to our own server at the end of August 1999, which is why we had to re-register.

Comment

I was one of those that had to reregister as well.

Gosh - that was back to my MGA II I think?

I registred to ask wheter it would be a good idea to upgrade it to 4MB ram - or if my cash where better spent on a brand new Mystique..

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Don't remember who we started out with but the move to GA occured about July/Aug of 98. If I'm not mistaken there was a crash of the user's database and that is why we had to re-register around Aug of 99.

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

Ah! It's all clear to me now! Turns out I am a pre-crash member, an oldie!

Took me a while to re-register as I didn't have the net at the time.

Comment

As far as the server issue goes, we have never had our own server we have always been hosted by someone. Reason for all the down times at times.

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

Working...
                              X