No announcement yet.

dx9.0c is released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting...I remeber reading in several places that it gives a performance boost across the board. Who will be the brave ones to let us know
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Not I.

Comment

Originally posted by Kooldino
        Not I.
        guess we'll have to get The Pit to be our guinea pig!

Comment

Run away, run away!!!

Comment

just ran DXDIAG and evidentally i've been running it for a few weeks now. seems to be doing good.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Ran through a game of Star Trek Armada II just fine.

Comment

From BeyondUnreal:
                Microsoft has released DirectX 9.0c for all post-1998 Windows Operating Systems. The new version of DirectX can be found over here and includes, amongst other things, support for Pixel Shader 3.0.

Comment

gonna wait for the SDK

btw, does anyone know when SP2 final is gonna be released?

Comment

WinXP SP2? It's been pushed back to August/September.

Jammrock
                    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Got 100 more points in 3DFart 2k3

Comment

SP2's current RTM date is August 4.
                        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                          Who will be the brave ones to let us know
                          I've downloaded it, now I need about a months worth of ppl beta testing errr I mean using it with out any major issues before I install it.
                          Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                          MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                          Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                          Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                            just ran DXDIAG and evidentally i've been running it for a few weeks now. seems to be doing good.
                            Then you have the Beta (likely the same that is installed on my system since some weeks). This is the final (if you can ever call any M$ programm "final" ) and according to some tests seems to give slight boosts to shader-intense games when compared to the Beta and DX9.0b.

I will test and report back...
                            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                            My System
                            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                            German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Indiana
                              Then you have the Beta (likely the same that is installed on my system since some weeks). This is the final (if you can ever call any M$ programm "final" ) and according to some tests seems to give slight boosts to shader-intense games when compared to the Beta and DX9.0b.

I will test and report back...
                              unlikely. the time between RTM and release is sufficent that the build I am running is likely the RTM build, and my copy was brand new and straight from MS about 3 weeks ago (package date of 7/4/2004). post your DX version number and we'll see

edit: don't bother. i downloaded it and checked the version numbers on the files myself. i'm already running the final build - no problems so far.
                              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                              X