X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to BOINC?

What happened to BOINC?

Seti was officially released 22.06.2004, http://setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu/

They're having probles with slow access to the database, so this week they're getting a new Snap NAS (Network Attaced Storage).
    July 25, 2004
    We have shutdown the schedulers and file upload handlers so the transitioners can play catch up again. The transitioners keep falling behind because the DB is I/O bound. We believe that the new hardware we have coming online will resolve this issue. Until it is online we'll be continuing these rolling blackout style server outages.
    Predictor@home is doing alpha-testing, and can therefore be unstable.

Climateprediction.net is planning to start the beta-test this week:
    Carl, 24.07.2004
    I'm hoping to get the CPDN/BOINC version up this coming week, it will most likely use BOINC client version 4.02 which I don't think is officially out yet (and will be incompatible with other "live" projects yet which use version 3.x). I think there is a SETI/BOINC beta using version 4.x clients right now.

Mainly it's because 4.x has features we need for CPDN and that the BOINC team has put in for us; such as being able to run a separate "monitor" program (which hardly uses CPU time except for graphics), and the climate model (which of courses uses the CPU time and BOINC needs to get CPU time for). So we will be a little out of sync with "mainstream" BOINC apps but things should "settle down" hopefully. David Anderson will be coming here for a few weeks and I'm sure will be a big help. We are hoping to publicly launch the CPDN/BOINC at the end of August if all goes well with the Beta test. I will probably start emailing beta testers at the end of this week or early next week so please be patient!

Comment

Working...
    X