Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wusb

this should be intresting
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

ughhhhh!!
    the ultimate nightmare will be awailable in a few years : a WUSB 10/100/1000 RJ45 NIC adapter
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

We've already kinda talked about it before. I don't feel a real need for it between 802.11 and Bluetooth.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, and Intel also pushed Rambus as being the replacement for DDR.

Comment

It's an interesting concept. Though I don't see it succeeding beyond peripherals. I would be nice to have a wireless mouse and keyboard without paying out the nose for Bluetooth and without having the external antenna pod.

However, with all the added security measures to WUSB, the packet overhead will skyrocket. Thus actual data throughput would be even worse than current USB 2.0, which already sucks. Secondly, with the SATA 2.0 standard due out within the next year which will introoduce external SATA drive ability. With external SATA, both USB 2.0 and Firewire 800 will be in jeoparody of becoming obsolete, as all motherboards will hae SATA 2.0 built-in to them in 2-3 years at no additional chip cost. Manufactures will just need to add a mobo header and a cable or two.

But that's just my thoughts on the matter.

Jammrock
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X