Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero ultra and dvd burning.......

Hello all,

I live in USA and want to send my home movies (recorded on dv camera, transfered to some editing/burning software and then burnt to DVD) to my family in England. They will play it on a standard DVD player (not a computer).

First, am I correct in assuming that the DVD will have to be burned in PAL format? If so, can Nero Ultra do this? If not, what software can do it?

This is strictly amateur hour here, so just basic requirements for me.

I only mention Nero Ultra as it seems to be a good all-in-one package that would handle my multimedia requirements.

Thanks,

Nick
    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

As I understand it, most European DVD players, even though they are natively PAL, can play NTSC content. Either by converting to PAL on the fly or outputting an NTSC signal (most EU TVs can display both PAL and NTSC). So you may not need to make a PAL DVD.

Unfortunately, the opposite isn't true. Most American NTSC players can not play PAL DVDs.

Comment

Yes, you can burn it with Nero but must have this plug-in...
      Attached Files

Comment

thanks guys

adis: Thanks for the zip. Do you know if junkmalle is right or do I have to use your plug in?

Nick
        P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

If you can find out what DVD player(s) your family has you can look them up at www.videohelp.com. There's a good database of players there. Look for the "Multisystem PAL/NTSC Convert" feature.

Comment

Working...
          X