now thas disgusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now thas disgusting

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

yukkk
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

yuk, but amazing tech

Comment

Yeah, that's horrible, I can't believe they make sites that refuse connections like that!

Comment

What's does it talk about? (can't view it at work for some reason )
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

US army food... just add urine
          Bush at Thanksgiving dinner in Iraq
          No Thanksgiving Dinner here - the pouch serves up chicken and rice
          The US military has devised a way to ensure its troops in battle need never go hungry - with dried food that can be rehydrated using dirty water or urine.
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I suppose they should have said something more like "Amazing membrane makes water purification simple" or something like that.

Comment

Oh yeah, saw that article of Fark.com

Comment

I could have lived a long and happy life not knowing anything about this.

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                  I could have lived a long and happy life not knowing anything about this.

Now it's going to be short and miserable. (j/k)

Comment

It's really not an issue. Troops have to carry so much water for drinking that a littls extra for food preparation will not cause problems. I think it's just a selling point to charge the government an additional $5 a package for MREs. It's real advantage is being able to use river water.

Comment

Brian R. nailed it. everyone is making a big fuss about the fact that you can use urine - even in the article it says that it is not a good long term solution to do it.

what it does help is that you do not have to use treated water in preparing/cooking the food. because it does not contain liquids in it already it is lighter/easier to carry/smaller *and* should not spoil. you can add water from a local stream/river without having to purify it first - and keep your already purified water for drinking.

yes, we tend to carry a bunch of water as it is (at minimum I carry 2L, and that is really only good for a few hours out and about - 5L is what I will carry without having a pack and supplies for multiple days), but if you are going out on your own for a while it definately helps make supplies a little easier to manage.
                      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I guess now the american food will taste like British food *cough
                        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                        X