Sony 23" Widescreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony 23" Widescreen

This is a very nice looking monitor. Too bad it is so expensive. It also has 16ms response time. Anybody have an opinion on it?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Only have the opinion that it's nice looking, and i cant afford it

Comment

$2600 per screen ... peh ... chump change. I'll take 3

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Being honest, in about 18 months when I start telecomuting from home, I'm seriously considering two.

Well the Mac versions, attached to a dual G5...
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

sexay.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I don't like the stand.

The mac models have better design.

Comment

My 23" HP WUXGA 16ms LCD still looks like a bargain at $1700.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I never realized that the LCD you were looking at was a widescreen. I couldn't find it on HP's site, but they appear to have a new one?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

now it's gone up in price. by 400 USD

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
                    now it's gone up in price. by 400 USD
                    hmm, see what this thread is doing!

Comment

What is it with LCD manufacturers sticking speakers on them. Anyone spending that much money on an LCD monitor or LCD TV isn't going to be using the speakers anyway - they would almost certainly have a decent audio setup as well.

Sony seems to have realised this. The HP model, however is wasting a lot of space on the speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob(QG)
                        What is it with LCD manufacturers sticking speakers on them. Anyone spending that much money on an LCD monitor or LCD TV isn't going to be using the speakers anyway - they would almost certainly have a decent audio setup as well.
                        I say the same about high end TV sets as well !!!
                        Why bother ? Even worse, why make me pay for lousy speakers I'll never use ?
                        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by Rob(QG)
                          I disagree. On an executive's desk, these would work, where separate speakers wouldn't.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Any executive worth his title would proabably have a desk bigger than schooldesk.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
                              Any executive worth his title would proabably have a desk bigger than schooldesk.
                              So? It's not about space, it's about the way having speakers (and their wires) sitting on your desk looks. Especially since people often see the desks from the back.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X