No announcement yet.

Sometimes you can't win for losin'....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes you can't win for losin'....

Remember those weeks/months I missed due to health reasons?

Well, I came up with another problem last week.

I was working in the woodshop and apparently got a sliver in my left palm. Thought I got it all out at the time, but apparently didn't. Result?

Celluitis (a severe infection) in my right hand.

I've been driving 10 miles (one way) to a Henry Ford Hospital clinic to get IV antibiotics every 6 hrs for the last week and had plastic surgery on it 3 days ago.

I'm due to go back to the surgeons tomorrow afternoon (EDT) and see how well things have progressed.

If well enough then perhaps an oral dose of more high-intensity antibiotics 'til things improve.

If not then it's into the hospital I go for 24/7 IV antibiotics and perhaps more surgery. Of course being a mild type-2 diabetic doesn't help mattters at all.

Wish me luck

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 July 2004, 12:50.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

sory to hear that.... good luck doc...
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

ouch... if i was nearby and you could get your hands on the antibiotics i would offer to give you the IV's myself...

that sucks... hope it heals up quick...
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Think positive Doc All will be well soon enough.

Dave
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Good luck, hope you recover soon.

Comment

Good luck. Sounds like you need a good magnifier to work on splinters (like I do).

Comment

Ouch. Good luck Doc. Am I right in thinking that surface infections tend to affect diabetics more severely? Good luck and look after yourself...
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                Ouch. Good luck Doc. Am I right in thinking that surface infections tend to affect diabetics more severely? Good luck and look after yourself...
                Way more so.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Best of luck Doc.
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Good Luck Dr.

Comment

We need Gurm back so he becomes the ill-health magnet instead of Doc.

Good luck, Doc.

Jammrock
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

best of luck Doc

Comment

Best of luck Doc, get well soon.
                          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Has it ulcerated? NASTY However, you can still type

Bon rétablissement!
                            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Nasty stuff, hope everything works out.

Comment

Working...
                              X