Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about website

This is for my Dad's business' site Bluemoongraphics.ca

Do you guys think we should add some sort of prompt to click on the moons to view the individual pages? I know that all the MURCers would be able to figure out to click on em, but I dunno about the average Joe computer user.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

i think you just need to make them highlight on mouse over... that should do the trick
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

It's OK, since it says under moons, where the links go.

Otherwise marketing agencies tend to be creative and have less obvious web sites, which is IMO OK, as long as it's not taken too far (a la mistery meat navigation - unmarked buttons, which is not the case here, or too bloated/slow sites, which again is not the case here).

My observations:
      - moons should perhaps be different
      - does it work without flash (non-flash version)
      - animations are a bit too slow, if you want to just go to contacts)
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 16 July 2004, 11:41.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralDragon
        i think you just need to make them highlight on mouse over... that should do the trick
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Re: Question about website

Originally posted by |Mehen|
          This is for my Dad's business' site Bluemoongraphics.ca

Do you guys think we should add some sort of prompt to click on the moons to view the individual pages? I know that all the MURCers would be able to figure out to click on em, but I dunno about the average Joe computer user.
          You have a Flash website with no alternative text of any kind. You've instantly lost my business
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wombat has a good point. There are a few people (like those who surf using SOFAsurf, or PocketPC surfing) who can't and will never see anything Java or Flash, so having an html alternative might be a good idea.

Also, SpiralDragon's idea would be best, so I third what SD says.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

yeah yeah I know, html is in the works, its not all done yet. Calm down.
              I think the mouseovers would probably be good, possibly a shadow on the moon.
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

I dont like the way that only the individual letters are clickable rather than the whole text.
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

ya, thats gonna change soon too, dont worry bout that

Comment

A quick intro high lighting the moons (each in order) bringing notice to them would to the job but with a mouse over as well it would cover all your bases.

My 2c....

Jeff
                    -We stop learning when We die, and some
                    people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                    Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                    - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                    - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I don't like how the site automatically fills up all 3 of my monitors

Comment

good idea Jeff

Comment

Working...
                        X