Ah thats better proper tabbed browsing for firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah thats better proper tabbed browsing for firefox

Mel Reyes is the MR behind mrtech.com, the site was founded in 1995 and has morphed several times. Please enjoy the news, blog, and reading all about Mel’s body of work.

Just need something to wipe the cache now properly.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I wouldn't use TBE. It's very poorly written, and unstable. It's so hackish that the Mozilla guys won't even investigate bugs if TBE is installed on the reporting system.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

But... but... it adds so many features. ;(

Comment

If you want features, why don't you use a proper browser?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

sits on top of

Comment

Yeah, and it's fat and ugly, too

Well, at least it's better than MSIE.

AZ

Comment

go on Az, admit it, when the lights are out, and no one is watching, you secretly use FireFox.. oh the shame, the shame
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Actually, I have an older Mozilla version installed at home. I never use it, I thought I'd use it when sites don't work in Opera (which rarely happens these days, even banking works). But it takes long to load and then sometimes doesn't display the site correctly, either, so I just hit the "InIE" button in Opera and view it in IE. I sometimes use it to view some advanced DOM demos, when I'm looking at CSS sites.

I don't even know how Firefox looks, sorry

AZ

Comment

Firefox 0.9.1 (0.9.2 has only shell exploit patch) with Qute theme (previous default, the new Winstripe that was based on default Mac them is IMO not there yet).

WinXP SP1
                  Tabbrowser extension (Tab menu)

All buttons moved to menu bar, only tab bar shown.
                  Attached Files

Comment

While Mozilla may be fat and ugly with default theme, Firefox is lean and mean - only 4.7MB for Windows Installer download.

Comment

Plus Sun JRE.

AZ

Comment

You also need JRE for Opera as well as Flash, Shockwave, Real media and Quicktime plug-ins. Besides, MS has lost case against Sun and they are forbidden to ship their Java virtual machine in subsequent releases of Windows (Windows 2k3 already lacks MS Java Machine), so getting Java from Sun will be required for all browsers unless Sun Java is included with Windows.

Opera and Gecko browsers both use same Netscape plug-in architecture and same plug ins.

Recently, Mozilla, Opera, Adobe, Apple, Macromedia and Sun ... announced to work together on new plug-in architecture.
                        Last edited by UtwigMU; 16 July 2004, 07:35.

Comment

I know all that. Just pointing out that 4.5 MB still is a lot for a featureless browser without Java.While Opera has also grown a lot over the years (it is now a whopping 3.4 MB!) at least it is full-featured and not only full-figured.

AZ

Comment

The java version is 16MB or download Java separately.

Comment

Working...
                            X