MURCfest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MURCfest?

been toying with the idea for a while about a annual MURC meeting, wether regional or global.
    I thought that maybe we could at the least have a local one here for Oktoberfest.
    FYI - Kitchener is home to the larget Oktoberfest celebration in North America. It's basically 8 days of beer, leaderhosen (sp), beer, sourkraut, etc.
    if anyone is interested, I could co-ordinate tickets (we all want to be at the same fest hall, don't we) and could offer limited accomadations (for about 30 ppl in the form of floor space - bring your own sleeping bag!)
    also, would like to know if this year would work ( would require commitments fairly quick - alot of the fest halls are sold out in march), or if the interest is there, then I would repose the suggestion early next year to allow for ppls schedules.
    The festival runs from Oct 8 to 16 and a link can be found here

and also, we could probably do a mini LAN party at the same time (about 30 ppl max).
    the accomadations and LAN party would be limited to 1 weekend thou, as it would be at my place of business.

anyoane interested, let me know. If there is adequate response I will look in to more specifics in terms of ticket prices and further accomodations.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Doesn' t work for me
      I'll be looking after the kids then. Wife will be in England.
      Just thought some of the locals or not so locals might enjoy a good party later in October.
      It's hard for me to get away, running my own business and such. But I can work around something closer. Hoping something more flexible for myself might work for others.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

I don't think I have anything else planned in October, so I am 99% sure you can count me in.. it is only a couple of hours drive from here
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Jeez, one province away and yet it is about 20 hours to drive there for me silly Canada...
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

hehe, just realized that my first post make's it sound like it would be a full week commitment.
            Actually, it would be probably the first or last weekend only (a saturday evening festhall event, and a good part of sunday to recover), so you would only need one nights accomodations.
            tickets are normally 10-25 dollars for the festhall depending on wether you want food in the ticket price and where you want to go.
            It's not something you can decide at the last minute, as even the normal bars won't let you in without a ticket
            Have we no partyers in our ranks???

Comment

MURCfest eh? Oktoberfest eh? Beer eh? LAN party eh? Sounds like fun eh!
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

eh!

If I were a little closer, richer, and had more time, I'd come, EH!

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

hmmm, could be a fun road trip...Wonder how long that would be from Salt lake...

Utah Murcer car pool!
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

According to MS Streets and Trips:

Salt Lake City, Utah to Kitchener, Ontario
                    2997.9km (1862.8 miles)
                    Driving time approx. 29 hours 34 minutes.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Attached Files
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                        According to MS Streets and Trips:

Salt Lake City, Utah to Kitchener, Ontario
                        2997.9km (1862.8 miles)
                        Driving time approx. 29 hours 34 minutes.
                        D'oh! Sounds like quite the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                          D'oh! Sounds like quite the drive.
                          yeh, but if he jumps in the mustang and does an average of 75 mph - it's only 24hr drive!!

Been there, done that - 26hrs to florida for spring break - non stop- with 4 passangers in my old 76 chevy monte carlo

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
                            yeh, but if he jumps in the mustang and does an average of 75 mph - it's only 24hr drive!!

Been there, done that - 26hrs to florida for spring break - non stop- with 4 passangers in my old 76 chevy monte carlo
                            If Byocks bum can handle the load....

Comment

HAHA! That is quite a drive. I think I would rather use a few Frequent flyer miles...
                              "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Working...
                              X