Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 AGP in new Mainboards?

Hi,

I tried to place my G400DH in my Barebone with NForce2 Chipset and it does not work. It seems, that the NForce2 could not handle 3,3V AGP-Cards.

Since my old Mainboard killed itself, I need a new one. I had a look at some Asrock (which is Part of Asus) Boards, and none of them can handle 3,3V Cards.

Does someone know a Mainboard / Chipset that can handle a 5Year old AGP-Card?

Regards,
    DC

You should just be able to do the resistor mod to the video card, and it should work.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Thanks,
      I will try that.

(I herad from a resistor mod, but did not know what it is good for ...)

Since the serarch is limited to words with at least 5 chars, it is hard to find something like "resistor MOD" or "1,5V" etc.

Regards,
      DC

Comment

searching for "g400 AND resistor" isn't hard though

Comment

true,
          but its not possible to search for phrases eg. "this is one search term" and the 1,5V is separated at the ",".

Is it possible to add a "Termsearch" to the forum?

DC

Comment

I'm unable to find that R68 resistor on my G400 though. Maybe because it's a 891-03 REV.: A
            Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

OK,

I did connect those two pins of "R68" and the card worked correct ... for about 2 minutes ... then Windows XP locked up. I still had a Picture for about one minute and then even that picture was no more.

After installing my P750, windows said that it was the G400 driver that caused the Lock. Is the std. XP-Driver that Buggy or is it my G400 that is defect?

Regards,
              DC

Comment

try forcing the agp speed to 2x or 1x. I've got motherboards that don't run the G400 stable at 2x AGP aperture speed and need to be forced down to 1x with MTSTU.

Comment

Noisy busses prevent 2x from running properly
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I tried the pencil trick on my Max a couple weeks ago trying to get it to work in my new MB. I still couldn't get a power-up. I don't want to mod my Max with a wire or null resistor because I don't want to risk it as I still depend on the Max in the old system. I just went for a modern graphics board for the new system (actually "borrowing" an oc 6800 GT while waiting on an X800 PE).
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

ok, i'll try to force agp1x. i post later if it works.

dc

Comment

If you have the option in your BIOS try setting the AGP driving strength to DA or EA and see if that works normally. Also, did you make a solder bridge for the resistor, or did you pencil it? Sometimes the pencil doesn't quite work.

Comment

Working...
                        X